Recent content by Jsonne

  1. J

    Quality Power HO Replacement Alternator Questions

    My 1998 limited had a 70amp on it, fwiw. Yes, your new HO alt is going to need some larger wires and fuses. I would check a wire table for the run, but a wag would be #2 wire and a 250 amp breaker. Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
  2. J

    3rd Gen. Brake Upgrades

    Do the tundra brake upgrade, it makes so much of a difference I don't know I can explain it well enough. Longer life and better stoping Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
  3. J

    Gas mileage

    Im averaging 20-21mpg in a mostly stock 1998 4x4 limited. But I put around like grandpa, 60-65 on the freeways.
  4. J

    timing belt replacement costs?

    Good to know. I am an 1.5hr from the nearest Toyota dealership, 2hr to the next closest. I'll deal with the other dealership from here on out. And no, I only got a quote over the phone from the service writer, nothing in ink. My buddy got everything done for me for less than he thought it was...
  5. J

    Suggestions on vermin control

    Used dryer sheets tied under the hood work well for mice and rats, no clue if it will work for a chipmunk. Have to change them out every 6 months or so, but going on 7 years with no problems and I live in BFE. FYI, rabbits are 10x worse than any other critter when it comes to chewing wires...
  6. J

    timing belt replacement costs?

    You guys have some insanely cheap dealerships! My local dealership wanted 1400 for the T belt and another 400 to do the water pump, Im a mechanic and know how to do the repair, but with a broken neck its a bit hard to get up at the moment... A friends shop is going to do it all for 1350, and a...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
278,379
Messages
3,554,562
Members
248,082
Latest member
tuṣṭāva
Back
Top