Recent content by jtnumberthree

  1. J

    How many miles on your 4runner?

    1997 2.7 base model with 320,0177
  2. J

    What Did You Do To Your 3rd Gen Today? - Vol 2

    Generics from AutoZone....under 10 dollars for the pair.
  3. J

    What Did You Do To Your 3rd Gen Today? - Vol 2

    Replaced the reverse lights with bright LEDs...replaced the burned-out rear license plate bulbs...fixed the door sensor so that the cabin light turns on and off in the "door" selection.
  4. J

    3rd Gen T4R Picture Gallery - Vol 2

    I'm back...1997 2.7 manual with 317,062
  5. J

    How many miles on your 4runner?

    Just turned 250,000 today. Original engine, head gasket, timing chain, transmission.
  6. J

    Which radiator should I buy

    I’ve got a year on two Densos no issues.
  7. J

    Would you buy a 3rd gen with 240k miles?

    The two that I currently own were bought with 234,000(from the original owner) and 260,000. We’ve only put 10,000 miles on each with a few small repairs along the way. Check out the price for that deluxe cassette deck and gold emblems!!
  8. J

    2.7 or 3.4 overall best choice?

    I own both, and each have known minor issues. I’d guess that the 3.4 has a slighter better “bulletproof” reputation based on customer satisfaction and sheer number of 3.4s out there with high miles. (FYI I haven’t done any off-road driving for at least a decade). I swap both as daily drivers...
  9. J

    Running boards out, in or ??

    Left mine on for the minivan look.
  10. J

    Gauge Cluster swap

    Don’t know for sure but I’d guess yes
  11. J

    Gauge Cluster swap

    The swap is easy. Mileage is stored in the cluster, not the ecu.
  12. J

    3rd Gen to 5th Gen

    The new TRD Runners look killer to me. No way I’ll be able to afford one but I can dream.
  13. J

    duralast = toyota oem?

    Old thread yes. Wells Vehicle Electronics makes Duralast for Autozone if I recall correctly. It was purchased by NGK a couple years ago. Just bought a new IAC valve from Autozone and the part is a genuine Toyota part by Denso....
  14. J

    p1780 cel park neutral switch error with erratic dash indicator lights

    Just had the same issue a couple weeks ago. I thought the new pcbs were more expensive from Toyota (based on what I was told)......I ended up buying a used cluster from a 2000 4Runner off Craigslist for $60. Problem fixed and I lost about 85k off the odometer......
  15. J

    What Did You Do To Your 3rd Gen Today?

    Installed a new cluster, so far no check engine light for p1780....fingers crossed.....lost about 85k miles on the odometer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
278,382
Messages
3,554,568
Members
248,076
Latest member
DionicioLives
Back
Top