Recent content by melt757

  1. M

    Blown Head Gasket...worth repairing??

    Since my 4-Runner specific knowledge was limited it is a process to come up with the correct decision for me and my Daughter, I didn't even know about 4-Runner head issues till it happened. The responses to my post have aided me greatly. A high rated Toyota shop can replace the heads...
  2. M

    Blow head gasket...need shop in Fort Worth area

    Hi 4-Runner owners in north Texas. My daughter has a 97 4X4 Limited 3.4 V-6 with a blow head gasket or head issue on #6 cylinder. I do NOT work on cars any longer. Looking for a reasonable Toyota shop in the Fort Worth area to repair it. Appreciate your help. Thanks, Mel
  3. M

    Blown Head Gasket...worth repairing??

    Thank all of you for helpful information. I have also read some of the other threads about work on heads. I have only contacted 2 shops one gave me an estimate of "about" $4,000 to do both heads and I assume some of the other components like water pump, timing belt would be replaced. I was...
  4. M

    Blown Head Gasket...worth repairing??

    Hello 4-Runner Enthusiast. My daughter has a 4-Runner with a blown head gasket. Spes: 1997 Limited 4X4 with 222k miles, 3.4 V-6 Newish tires, good condition(not perfect), owned since 2005, street use only. My daughter loves her 4-Runner, she even named it Dolly, seriously...but should she...
  5. M

    Suggestions for Shock kits?

    Need some shocks, appreciate the info. Thanks,
  6. M

    Blown head gasket?

    I was able to flush the heater core by unhooking the hoses of the heater core at the firewall on the passenger side in engine compartment. My 97 V-6 manual cable control is in the center of firewall. I used several different pieces of scrap hose to transition from my garden hose. I was very...
  7. M

    Blown head gasket?

    I agree do not use stop leak.
  8. M

    Toya's T4R ('99 Limited)

    Just a FYI: 1997 V-6 with 222K miles just had #6 cylinder head gasket fail. Have fun with your new toy.
  9. M

    How many miles until your original alternator and/or starter failed?

    222,000 miles probably original starter and alternator. Bought the vehicle with 100,000 miles.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
278,383
Messages
3,554,580
Members
248,077
Latest member
D'Angelo
Back
Top