Recent content by scot850

  1. S

    03 Gen4 V8 Ltd - Evaporator replacement

    Thanks guys. Well took the car to Toyota dealer where I bought it for a diagnostic. They say everything is fine and AC is working fine??? They had a good look around and cannot find any leaks under the car. I am now happy but totally baffled. Smell seems to have dissipated now. I may have dodged...
  2. S

    03 Gen4 V8 Ltd - Evaporator replacement

    Thanks guys. Before I jump into this I want to make sure it is the issue. I don't have the kit, so I have booked it into the local dealer where I bought it from and the head mechanic will diagnose for 1/2 hr labor. Not sure if the 2 are related, but I have noticed since this started (maybe a...
  3. S

    03 Gen4 V8 Ltd - Evaporator replacement

    Thanks guys for input. As I have already replaced the X-REAS suspension and have to pay someone to do the exhaust manifolds as well (about $5000 CDN), paying someone else to do the job would be great, especially using OE parts. However the prices of OE parts for Toyotas are just plain stupid now...
  4. S

    03 Gen4 V8 Ltd - Evaporator replacement

    Should of added, is there a brand other than OE Toyota anyone would recommend? Up here OE part cheapest price I can find is $750 CDN. I think I have found a place that may be able to supply a Denso one, for around $180 CDN, but if they cannot what other brand(s) should I look at? Nissens...
  5. S

    03 Gen4 V8 Ltd - Evaporator replacement

    I am really, really hating this car. Anything expensive that can go wrong is going wrong in spite of only have 110k miles on it. Latest I believe is the A/C evaporator I think has let go. Get this horrible smell everything I use the car from the heating system. When I thought replacing the...
  6. S

    2003 4Runner V8 Ltd Exhaust manifold recommendations

    Thanks for the suggestions on the exhaust manifolds. The problem I have found with aftermarket stuff is poor quality, like Pacesetter manifolds for example. I see a few who say they have been ok, but loads that say they can't get them to seal properly. As I am paying someone to do the repair due...
  7. S

    2003 4Runner V8 Ltd Exhaust manifold recommendations

    Ok, been a while since I have been on here but I need guidance on replacement exhaust manifold options. Really don't want to use OE as I will be back to the same expensive overpriced crap that they badly designed in the first place in another 100k miles. Ordered a Doug Thorley system using...
  8. S

    4th Gen Suspension Options/FAQ

    Re: X-REAS/RES suspension Thanks RodtheViking for your reply. I agree with removing all the X-REAS stuff but I would like to keep the RES/adjustable rear air-bag system. I have heard back from a shock supplier who would seem to suggest the Bilstein 5100 system would work, but I'll have to work...
  9. S

    4th Gen Suspension Options/FAQ

    2003 4Runner Ltd V8 and X-REAS/RES questions I have recently bought an X-REAS/RES suspension 03 V8 Ltd 4Runner. Being new to Toyota I am trying to find a solution if it exists for this issue. I know one of the valve on the X-REAS is 'sweating' and the shocks are looking tired and rusted. I...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
278,382
Messages
3,554,568
Members
248,076
Latest member
DionicioLives
Back
Top