Recent content by ThatAllDriver

  1. T

    Question on Handling and Ball Joints/Other Components

    I appreciate the detailed reply! I have the 600 lb springs on the front and stock coils in the rear. The perches are at the lowest setting. I bought 265/65r18 BFG KO2s. They are only slightly larger than stock. I am running them at 38-40 psi. I have not changed out any control arms or sway bar...
  2. T

    Question on Handling and Ball Joints/Other Components

    Thank you for the response! I had not considered the steering rack, but it seems like that would be a really good place to start. I went over a pretty big pothole in the winter and I’m wondering if this could have damaged the steering rack. The bushings seem like a cheaper and easier place to...
  3. T

    Question on Handling and Ball Joints/Other Components

    Hey Everyone, I love the forum and it has assisted me with learning tons about my 4runner and how it works. I have a 2008 limited v8 4x4. It has about 132,000 miles on it. The vehicle has been maintained well. I have been noticing some handling concerns. The truck handles smoothly in most...
  4. T

    6112 perch setting trade-offs

    I am in a similar situation. I am fine with the rake, but I have a 2008 v8 limited with XREAS and about 94000 miles. The XREAS needs replacement, so I have chosen the 6112/5160 combination. I would like to lift the entire truck 1.5”, so I’m still unsure as to what front and rear springs would be...
  5. T

    V8 2006 XREAS Shock Replacement Time, 5100x4 or 6112/5100 combo?

    Bilsteins/xreas I am interested to know what you went with on the rears. I have a 2008 V8 Limited with 90000 miles that I bought back in March. It has the xreas system, but not much documentation has been done besides a service on the system at 54000 miles. I am looking at going the 6112/5160...
  6. T

    Maplight Mod

    I like this much better too. Is it just a standard wire, not multiple conductor? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. T

    XREAS Replacement Suggestions

    I apologize for being a noob, but what is the significance of refreshing the links and bushings? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. T

    XREAS Replacement Suggestions

    Where did you find these used items? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. T

    WTB:4th gen 2006-2009 headlights OEM

    I am looking for some 2006-2009 oem projector headlights to install in a 2005 4runner. PM me. Thank You! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. T

    Radio Upgrades... Let see them.

    Best Options to Buy Ok so I have looked through everything. It seems that the two paths are to either choose a cheaper Chinese Amazon unit or pay a bit more for a Pioneer, Kenwood, or Alpine unit. I want maestro and have the JBL system. Is the price difference worth it? If so, what is the most...
  11. T

    WTB: 4th gen limited V6 4x4 - 2005-2009 - FL/Southeast region

    Still looking Hey guys, just a quick bump to see if there’s anything out there. Thank You!
  12. T

    WTB: 4th gen limited V6 4x4 - 2005-2009 - FL/Southeast region

    Hey all, I am looking to purchase a limited V6 4x4 4th generation. I am in Florida, but will travel for the right vehicle. Stock is fine and preferred. I am excited to join the community and I hope to find a well kept 4Runner!
  13. T

    WTB: 4th gen 4runner. I'm in Florida.

    I appreciate it but I’m only interested in the v6 engine. Thank you though!
  14. T

    New 3rd Gen Owner from PA

    That is sweet! I wish they still made manuals like that.
  15. T

    New member and owner from Cleveland, Ohio

    I am looking at something similar. What are your plans to combat the rust issues?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
278,379
Messages
3,554,562
Members
248,082
Latest member
tuṣṭāva
Back
Top