Recent content by TRD Am

  1. T

    Lift & Snow capability

    Thanks, guys! I think I'd have to have more of a lift than I want in order to have much impact. I'll probably just go with chains and recovery gear.
  2. T

    Lift & Snow capability

    I don't do a lot of off-roading, but I bought my trd specifically to increase my winter access to a remote cabin in northern MN. I have about 1 mile of unplowed road with some decent elevation changes to get through after the maintained portion of the road. Would a minor lift improve my ability...
  3. T

    Winter recovery gear...

    Thanks to everyone! The snow is gone so I made it through this one without any true calamity. Air compressor: I need to get one. I'll be screwing around on forest roads a lot this summer. That would be a really expensive recovery! I do have dedicated snow tires. They're fantastic. Maxtraxx...
  4. T

    NAV/RADIO Quit

    It sounds like there are some deeper root causes than this, but my radio/nav system cut out every 17 minutes during a long drive a couple weeks ago. I had a device plugged into the USB on the dash. Once I unplugged it, it stopped cutting out. Weird.
  5. T

    Winter recovery gear...

    Thanks! Max Traxx specifically? They're crazy expensive, but younthinkntheyre worth it?
  6. T

    Winter recovery gear...

    I have a TRD Pro outfitted with a winch and a shovel. I have a piece of land in northern MN that involves an unmaintained and still snowy road. I got stuck today for the first time, and was able to get out with what I had, but it was dicey. Any other recovery tools you folks can recommend for...
  7. T

    Just bought an SSO Hybrid.. Which Winch?

    I installed that bumper about 2 months ago. It looks great. I bought the Smittybuilt X-something 10k lb winch that SSO carries. It fit very easily. I had to mount the solenoid off the side with the included hardware, but didn't really have to modify anything. I haven't had to use the winch...
  8. T

    Duratracs in snow...

    Just to put a bow on the thread, I ordered a pair of General Tire Arctics today. Thanks for the feedback!
  9. T

    Duratracs in snow...

    :peace: Read again...I did search for snow specific feedback, but there wasn't anything in the last few years, so I asked again. Nothing makes a forum more fun than a forum cop! Thanks for all you do!
  10. T

    Duratracs in snow...

    I need some winter tires that can get through some potentially deep & potentially undisturbed snow in northern Minnesota on a non-maintained road. Several tire shops have pointed me toward the Duratracs. I see there's been some discussion of them in the snow, but nothing in the last few years...
  11. T

    4Runner Depreciation

    There's a brand new TRD Pro on the lot in Minnesota whose sticker is $5k less than a used TRD Pro w/15-20k miles on the same lot. This is Beanie Baby level in terms of unexplainable economics.
  12. T

    Hitting through snow...

    Thanks again, everyone.
  13. T

    Hitting through snow...

    Thanks, everyone! I realize there are a ton of variables, but this gives me a good start. I never thought of the chains. That's a great idea.
  14. T

    Hitting through snow...

    I'm looking for some advice on getting through snow. I have a cabin in northern MN, and the last couple miles is a private road that is not regularly plowed. I have a 2016 TRD that I bought hoping to improve my winter access. The road does see a decent amount of snowmobile traffic, so it is...
  15. T

    5th Gen For Sale/Wanted Thread

    That makes two of us. FYI, there's a used white one at the dealership next door to Burnsville Toyota. I think they're asking $48k for that one. TRDs are approaching Beanie Baby levels of collectibility.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
278,386
Messages
3,554,606
Members
248,079
Latest member
johnnya
Back
Top