Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   5th gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   2022 4Runner ice in cabin air filter (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/313018-2022-4runner-ice-cabin-air-filter.html)

Wbflyer 01-14-2024 07:44 PM

2022 4Runner ice in cabin air filter

Hello All,

I just replaced my in cabin air filter and there was ice piled in there and it all fell down into the fan. We had a ice/snow storm last night and the temps were 15 degrees. Is there a way to get this ice/water once it melts out of the fan area or is there a drain built into this? I am worried it will ruin it! IS there a way to prevent this from happening??

Thanks!

fkheath 01-14-2024 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wbflyer (Post 3825788)
Hello All,

I just replaced my in cabin air filter and there was ice piled in there and it all fell down into the fan. We had a ice/snow storm last night and the temps were 15 degrees. Is there a way to get this ice/water once it melts out of the fan area or is there a drain built into this? I am worried it will ruin it! IS there a way to prevent this from happening??

Thanks!

Any melted ice in the filter area will simply drain out the evaporator drain hose. Just be sure the drain hose is clear of debris; it has been known to get leaves and such in it.

Keeping ice out? Not sure about that, but perhaps putting a cover over the air intake in front of the windshield will help.
Cover Cabin Air Intake on Cowl | Toyota RAV4 Forums

jp.vegas 01-15-2024 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wbflyer (Post 3825788)
Hello All,

IS there a way to prevent this from happening??

Thanks!

Move someplace where that crap doesn't spontaneously fall from the sky.

Bossman 01-16-2024 09:32 PM

This was an issue in the 4th Gen 4Runners and Toyota issued a TSB for the problem.

AC002-07 HVAC Blower Motor Ice Build-Up

I have not had this issue in my 5th Gen 4Runner.

Wbflyer 01-16-2024 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bossman (Post 3826098)
This was an issue in the 4th Gen 4Runners and Toyota issued a TSB for the problem.

AC002-07 HVAC Blower Motor Ice Build-Up

I have not had this issue in my 5th Gen 4Runner.

Maybe it was a one off since we had such hard winds and ice.