Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   Engines / Suspension / Wheels / Tires / Audio / Accessories (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/engines-suspension-wheels-tires-audio-accessories/)
-   -   New fine-grained VSC OFF Mod for V6 1GR (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/engines-suspension-wheels-tires-audio-accessories/88882-new-fine-grained-vsc-off-mod-v6-1gr.html)

Kliv 05-04-2011 02:36 AM

New fine-grained VSC OFF Mod for V6 1GR

2 Attachment(s)
For these of you who do not really want to surf through the whole thread:
Link to install instructions:
Install Instructions_4.3 - Google Docs
Shopping list for FJ-like install: https://www.toyota-4runner.org/997844-post120.html
New units look like"New fine-grained VSC OFF Mod for V6 1GR - Page 28 - Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum:
Attachment 320315

And here is the story how it is started...

There was a time… when V8 Runner owners made VSC OFF mode with simple buying FJ Cruiser Trac Off button like VSC Off, ATRAC On Mod complete!
There was a time… when V6 Runner’06 owners archly shared with us off-road experience with Trac Off and explained benefits over center diff lock.
There was a time… when V6 Runner’04 owners made Trac Off mode, but center diff lock lamp made confusion. :(
Those days are gone!!! :thumb3:

We made small box 35X30X10mm with 10 wires adopted to work with 03-07 V6 4WD 4Runner!!! It connects to FJ like Trac off button (or any button with no locking), VSC ECU cable and combination metter. It has 5V red LED for activity indication.
As the result we got:
- Ability to switch off Traction control with no center diff locking. It does not affect ABS or A-Trac. There is no confusing lamp about center diff lock lightening as well !!!!
- Block does not affect other systems. It switches off with power off and with center diff locking.
- It is small and can be easily installed. All you need is a button and an hour of your precious time.

I tested it on my V6 4R’04. It works perfect! Originally I planned it for personal use, but, if you are interested in the mod we can discuss it :naughty:

Some pictures below (I quit smoking, just found a pack to compare with :) )...

Kliv 05-04-2011 02:39 AM

1 Attachment(s)
FJ Button and the LED below it.

Kliv 05-04-2011 02:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Combination meter with VSC off block working.

Kliv 05-04-2011 02:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The tester :)

lexmedic157 05-04-2011 10:34 AM

sub'd!

chaz 05-04-2011 11:02 AM

how's it wired in?

Kliv 05-04-2011 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaz (Post 774227)
how's it wired in?

It is based on the mod I linked above. The only difference is that it manages center diff lock lamp plus several useful options like switching off with ignition off or after center diff locking, do nothing when VSC is off already, etc..

Installation takes about half an hour - hour. There are 4 wires to connect behind cobination metter, 1 to VCS ECU under steering column, 1 to center diff lock button, 1 to trac off button, ground point and LED. As for other Trac off button wires (lightening & ground) - I took them from center diff lock button.

I can compile installation guide if there is demand...
Or provide you with video how the mod operates..

lexmedic157 05-04-2011 02:07 PM

All of the above! Are you planning on selling such an item?

Kliv 05-04-2011 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lexmedic157 (Post 774360)
All of the above! Are you planning on selling such an item?

As I said, we made it for own use. There are several guys interested here in Russia. I thought that it might be interested for you guys as well. If so - we can build it and sell.
You might think that I am cheeting you or you might think that the block is useless... please advise what can make you believe me in this case:)

rdrunner 05-04-2011 04:25 PM

Very interested, I'd buy it. Probably the best way to market it here and have people believe it would be to give one to one of the senior trusted members to try out and report back on it.

lexmedic157 05-04-2011 04:51 PM

Yeah that's what I'd suggest. Post up detailed install instructions for us to look over.

00328 05-04-2011 07:08 PM

Why would you need the small LED, the indicators in the dash tell you if it's on or not?

Kliv 05-04-2011 11:34 PM

2 lexmedic157, rdrunner: It sounds good. Who would like to test it then?
2 00328: Just to make sure does the block work or not. It costed nothing but gave valuable information for testing. You might not install it.

Will compile install instructions later on and will share with you.

rdrunner 05-05-2011 06:45 AM

I would love to but I'm certainly not a senior member here. First one that comes to mind actually is CJ3Flyr since he's already done so much testing on this mod.

Doozi 05-05-2011 07:50 PM

I'm definitely interested in this... nice work! I posted a while ago that people were getting close to perfecting the "VSC-OFF" mod and it looks like we have it! I was getting ready to do the current mod, but didn't like the idea of crazy warning lights. I agree, CJ3Flyr would be the ideal tester... if he's up for it!

Nice job Kliv!

~Doozi