AZ98TRD's 2006 T4R BUILD

az98trd

New member
Well after selling my V8 swapped Tacoma, I knew I wanted another Toyota. Was looking at 5th Gen 4Runners, but the 43K price tag hurt just looking at it. Then I found this beauty.

On this Build I will try to include prices, and web sites for everything I buy, and install.

2006 Toyota 4Runner, SR5 4WD. Purchase Price $15,000.

2012-06-17_19-38-28_619.jpg~original
 
Register to hide this ad
Made a pit stop at the Imperial Sand Dunes on the way out to San Diego this weekend.

I am very worried about this 4wd system. The T4R has ATRAC II, and VSC. While on "Sand Highway" I made a stop to take a few pics, When I went to take off again, I slowly rolled on the accelerator. The engine would rev up but no tire spin at all. I dropped her into 4 low and still no tire spin... I was finally able to get the tires spinning in reverse and had to back up to the point where i was on a decline, where i switched back into 4 high, nailed the gas and didn't let up until I was off the deep sand... So I will be doing some more research on these systems. If anyone has some pointers on these please PM me.

2012-06-22_14-56-39_574.jpg~original


2012-06-22_14-56-49_924.jpg~original
 
Then on went the lift. No install pics though. Bilstein 5100s on all 4 corners, 884 springs up front and 895E in the rear. Cost $713.00 shipped from wheelersoffroad.com

photobucket-37739-1345831149737.jpg~original


Front Lift only, Was waiting on rear springs. BRO STANCE!

photobucket-21441-1345831151162.jpg~original


Tried to stuff a 35" with sucess... Until I tried to turn. So instead of adding a BL and excessively trimming. Went with 285/70/17 Nitto Terra Grapplers. I'll save the 35s for the future.

photobucket-10957-1345831150204.jpg~original


photobucket-19294-1345831148849.jpg~original
 
Playing with HDR again. Two important events in the last two months. Re-Enlisted 89D EOD, Let's get another 4 years out of the way...

DD.jpg~original


Bringing my brother home... SSGT Wesley Tuttle. RIP.

IMG_2946_tonemapped.jpg~original
 
Couple updates: Finally back home on leave for a couple weeks. Got busy right away. Picked up an almost finished roof rack from bovads tonight. Just have to fab up some mounts tomorrow.

photobucket-29366-1355974372319.jpg~original


Couple new toys too:

photobucket-29456-1355974374243.jpg~original


photobucket-29420-1355974373708.jpg~original


Being stationed in VA sucks. Wish I could at least have the runner with me to work on, but looks like it'll be staying in AZ until I finish this phase of training. Just too much going on with training now.
 

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
278,383
Messages
3,554,578
Members
248,077
Latest member
D'Angelo

Trending content

Back
Top