Differential oil

Register to hide this ad
In theory there shouldn't be a problem, but personally I don't mix 2 different brands of oil (or anything else) together because different manufacturers add different additives and you can't be sure there won't be some kind of unexpected adverse reaction between them.
Just drain and completely fill with the new different brand.

just my $.02
 
In theory there shouldn't be a problem, but personally I don't mix 2 different brands of oil (or anything else) together because different manufacturers add different additives and you can't be sure there won't be some kind of unexpected adverse reaction between them.
Just drain and completely fill with the new different brand.

just my $.02
While I do agree with this, I do mix engine oil on my V8 and have seen nothing on the oil analysis that is anything but perfectly normal. It wasn't my original intention to do a mix but Costco had a sale of both Mobil1 quarts and the Warren Industries house synthetic that comes in 5-quart containers. I loaded up on both and she gets a whole 5-gal and 3 Mobil 1s every time.

With gear oil, 6 quarts should do the front, rear and transfer case. Since it is only done every 30k or so, why not just use the same brand? I bought a 12-pack of Mobil1 75w90 right before oil prices started to spike.
 

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
278,386
Messages
3,554,607
Members
248,079
Latest member
johnnya

Trending content

Back
Top