Replacing elec lock assembly. How difficult?

salgood

New member
Hello knowledgeable folks. I am replacing the electric lock assembly on my 2002 because the door handle broke free and the metal part circled in photo broke off and I could not find specific part to replace. I am doing the whole deal.

How difficult? And any tips? I have seen posts replacing the actuator and cylinoid which is next on my list. I didn't see my specific project I am, or I may have over looked. Do any of those have reference points to the electric lock assembly replacement?

Thank you in advance.

Edit: 2002
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20200517_130607.jpg
    IMG_20200517_130607.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 318
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
been there, done it

it's not hard but... it's a pain and the space is tight.

I don't know of a good vid reference for this one but I think timmy's vid on door handle will help quite a bit.
[MENTION=120071]mtbtim[/MENTION] maybe the toolman also has some advise?

 
been there, done it

it's not hard but... it's a pain and the space is tight.

I don't know of a good vid reference for this one but I think timmy's vid on door handle will help quite a bit.

[MENTION=120071]mtbtim[/MENTION] maybe the toolman also has some advise?


Did not think about Tim the Toolman videos, thanks.

I know will be tight fit, I dread tight fits.

Thanks again.
 

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
278,379
Messages
3,554,562
Members
248,082
Latest member
tuṣṭāva

Trending content

Back
Top