Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 02-27-2018, 01:34 PM

Bluesky 07 has a brilliant future Bluesky 07 has a brilliant future Bluesky 07 has a brilliant future Bluesky 07 has a brilliant future Bluesky 07 has a brilliant future Bluesky 07 has a brilliant future Bluesky 07 has a brilliant future Bluesky 07 has a brilliant future Bluesky 07 has a brilliant future Bluesky 07 has a brilliant future Bluesky 07 has a brilliant future

Bluesky 07 has a brilliant future Bluesky 07 has a brilliant future Bluesky 07 has a brilliant future Bluesky 07 has a brilliant future Bluesky 07 has a brilliant future Bluesky 07 has a brilliant future Bluesky 07 has a brilliant future Bluesky 07 has a brilliant future Bluesky 07 has a brilliant future Bluesky 07 has a brilliant future Bluesky 07 has a brilliant future
Installed a Kenwood KAC-M1804 amp under the passenger seat. But before starting on that, people have sometimes questioned the specified jacking point under the front end. Me being me, I dropped a bolt that landed on the front skid plate and I had to remove the plate to retrieve the bolt. This is the side facing the engine and the jacking point is obviously designed and reinforced for that purpose.

Mounted a Blue Sea Systems 4-post fuse block on the battery for power. Had to cut off the back half of the red battery post boot but it still fit snugly in place.

Ran 14g power wire through the firewall grommet. Probably fine as it was but I smeared it with Goop best I could being that I had to do it left-handed and was using a cut-off Q-Tip.

Screwed the amp onto a 1x4 scrap. Had to rustle up some old, longer RCAs I had laying around to reach the underseat location but the wire bundle was plenty long enough. Looked stable enough with the RCAs and wire bundle holding it in place but I put some velcro on the wood too. It doesn't grip the carpet like it would the other half of velcro strip but it keeps it from sliding. Ran ground to the seat mounting bolt, wire bundle under the console and the RCA's under the carpet to that conveniently large opening. Final position was a few inches further away from the console to clear the seat frame. Vertical clearance was not an issue.

Sounds great and a fairly easy install due to removing the seat, which was surprisingly easy. Looked up the torque specs (sources I found said 27 ft lbs) to be sure I got the seat properly reinstalled.

Last edited by Bluesky 07; 02-27-2018 at 01:37 PM.
Bluesky 07 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote