Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 07-14-2020, 11:43 PM

y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of

y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of
LCA Project Updates:
I finally got an alignment after riding around for a 2 weeks with the steering wheel jacked. I haven't driven it a whole lot, but it definitely feels more planted on the road. Changing lanes over a the crown of a highway used to be all over the place, but now it feels much more planted.

I'm currently on all stock suspension, so I got the Firestone lifetime alignment. I know they don't like touching aftermarket suspension, but I think I'll get good usage out of it before I get into aftermarket UCAs, suspension, and whatnot. The before numbers are just from random cam bolt placement, so don't mind those too much. I do wish I had the alignment numbers from before to compare. As an idiot teenager, I never got it aligned and it had been probably 4 years with the cams seized up. This alignment doesn't look spectacular, but it works fine for mostly street driving on stock everything. I need new tires this summer, so I don't really mind it wears poorly either.

CV Reboot/Rebuild | Return to Directory
Reboot Tutorial: CV Reboot Tutorial with Boot Stretch (80+ Pictures)
As mentioned in the last post, I finally picked up an almost brand new CV from a junkyard for $32. Not a lot of junkyards in my area have 4runners, so I was actually surprised to find this one already pulled and on the shelf locally. It looked to be almost brand new, but since the condition was unknown, I decided to reboot it. I already bought a reboot for my current CV that ended up being thrashed, so that was just waiting to get used. I have a full reboot tutorial that I've been working on that will be ready tomorrow or the day after, so I will update the post with that. When I get the old CV removed and the rebuilt one in, I also have plans to make a CV installation tutorial. I know these topics have been covered before, but more perspectives can't hurt. Pretty much all of my car/4runner/vehicle knowledge comes from here and facebook groups, so I want give back in some way.

While on my search for used OEM CVs to reboot, I had some trouble with LKQ on ebay. I placed 3 separate orders: 1 was canceled by LKQ the day after it was expected to arrive, 1 canceled by LKQ the day after I ordered, and 1 finally showed up as an O'reilly's CV. They refunded the O'reilly CV and let me keep it, so I may try and nab the tripod bearing for my current thrashed axle.

Wheels
I also have my eye on some early 5th gen trail edition wheels, I really like them for some reason. I don't hate the stock sr5 wheels, but they're pretty ugly. Wheels don't really offer a lot of performance benefits, so I'm hesitant to spend money on them. They're asking $300 on craigslist, but I dunno if its worth it to me. Includes lugs and center caps, no tires or valve stems. Pic from CL ad:

Return to Post #11

Last edited by y=mx+b; 07-26-2020 at 12:19 PM.
y=mx+b is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote