Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 07-27-2020, 02:47 PM

y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of

y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator03 View Post
Excellent tutorial. I had to do mine which were in really bad shape, with the rear completely broken, and the front very close to breaking. I wasn’t as fortunate as you were with the bolts though, and ended up breaking maybe 3-4 of the ones for the shield trying to remove that. I ended up drilling and retapping those, and also chased EVERY hole with the tap, and of course used anti-seize for reassembly. My brother in law does powder coating, so I had the shield sandblasted and powder coated gloss black before putting that back on. I drove for a couple of months without it because I was dreading having to drill out the broken hardware, the worst of which was that angled one above the driveshaft! Had to use a small right angle drill attachment to get in there to do that, and then a long pulley tap for the threads. I preferred doing it that way to dropping the driveshaft, but was prepared to do that if I had to. Man do I wish they’d do a frame recall on these!
Thank you! I somehow got lucky with my bolts, especially considering I broke almost all the front skid bolts when I removed those. Powder coat is a nice touch too! That bolt behind the driveshaft is awful, I was about to pull the driveshaft out because I hated rotating it 1/12 of a turn the whole way. I still haven't put that one back, since I need to drop the skid again to replace the rusty pin.

A frame recall would definitely nice! I bought mine as an idiot teenager, and didn't think/know to look over everything completely. Previous owner was from PA and had a Penn sticker on the rear winshield, which should have been a big red flag. Hindsight is 20/20, so now I'm on the quest to get it all fixed up!
y=mx+b is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote