Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 04-26-2021, 06:12 PM

y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of

y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of
Front Skid: T-case and Oil Pan (Continued)
Before fully finish welding, I decided I needed some bolt protection for the rear bolts. Two layers of 3/16" was the perfect height to cover the bolt head, and I did two layers like stair steps to hopefully help it go over rocks easier. The interior area is large enough for the head, socket, and a decent amount of wiggle room

This is again where come clearance could be improved with making a tube block for the bolt to rest inside. Can see how both needs spacers on the back and protection on the top make it a tall arrangement. If these would sit below the plate surface, then that would be better for clearance. Oh well, its not terrible

And finally finished welded all the way. I ground all of the outside welds, and left the inside ones since no one will see them. Next step is to paint, and then it will be ready for install!

These are some welds that I thought looked good. Feel free to give constructive advice, as I'm always learning. Overall, not bad for the Harbor Freight Buzz box. It's the Titanium EasyFlux 125. Moving to a 20amp outlet from a 15amp really helped to minimize the trips to the breaker

I'll update with more pics once its painted and installed

Last edited by y=mx+b; 04-26-2021 at 06:44 PM.
y=mx+b is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote