Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 07-12-2021, 10:44 PM

y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of

y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of y=mx+b has much to be proud of
I've been really bad about updating this build thread recently:

Finished my internship in MD and moved out of my Annapolis apartment. I then brought everything back to my Blacksburg apt to get everything ready for school and my new job. I'm really glad to only have one rent to pay now lol, and this place has a much better place to wrench and weld. 4runner was loaded to the brim inside, I had to use a hitch carrier to get my last totes, and I strapped my welding table to the roof. Really glad I kept the rake, otherwise it would have been super squatted. Suspension did also ride a bit better with some added weight vs empty

Things I've done that I still need to writeup for the build thread and/or an additional writeup. I've got lots of pictures as always
  • Suspension Install (Build Thread + Stand Alone Writeup)
  • Rear Brake Hard Line Replacement
  • Rear Pad Replacement (nothing really fancy with this one, but just for documentation)
  • Skid Plate V2 (Made improvements to the weld-together aspect. May make plans for this, but might not. I'm kinda burnt out on skid plates right now)
  • Testing the New Suspension

Things I'd like to do in the near future (not in any particular order)
  • Trans Cooler (Already have the part and fluid, just need some free time)
  • Panhard Correction Kit (Already have this too, just need to weld on)
  • Bigger Tires (I've already acquired these, size will remain undisclosed at this time lol)
  • Fix leaks at Driver side CV (The one I fixed was passenger) and Transfer Case Rear Output
  • Transmission skid and fix some of the frame weld nuts with RivNuts
  • Front and Rear Bumpers (Really wanting to make some hybrid/tube bumpers since I don't really like whats out there, but need to buy bender rip wallet)
  • Finish the "mystery" welding project from last summer (low priority)
  • 4.88 Gears (Need to decided on lockers air vs electric vs Torsen, etc)
  • Fab New Front Crossmember, since mine is swiss cheesed
  • Plasma out frame hole near driver side cat and weld in new metal
  • Cut out rear frame from body mount back and weld in all new. Would fab new rear frame sections, body mounts, and rear crossmember. Its getting pretty bad, somehow passed inspection just this month, but I want to get rid of all the crusties. Probably integrate into rear bumper somehow and try to improve clearance

A few of these probably need to think about upgrading my welding situation, but that little Titanium Welder is an absolute champ

Last edited by y=mx+b; 07-13-2021 at 11:13 PM.
y=mx+b is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote