Home Menu

Site Navigation

Thread: Fox coilovers
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2021, 02:32 AM

4RunnerAquasport has much to be proud of 4RunnerAquasport has much to be proud of 4RunnerAquasport has much to be proud of 4RunnerAquasport has much to be proud of 4RunnerAquasport has much to be proud of 4RunnerAquasport has much to be proud of 4RunnerAquasport has much to be proud of 4RunnerAquasport has much to be proud of

4RunnerAquasport has much to be proud of 4RunnerAquasport has much to be proud of 4RunnerAquasport has much to be proud of 4RunnerAquasport has much to be proud of 4RunnerAquasport has much to be proud of 4RunnerAquasport has much to be proud of 4RunnerAquasport has much to be proud of 4RunnerAquasport has much to be proud of
Ive had Kings on both my 4th and 5th Gens. The ride has been good in most situations, especially off road where I wanted.

The ride is definitely subjective with all high dollar shocks.
In doing my research over the years, I learned about spring rates and how the shocks are tuned. My 5th gen has 600 lb springs w a heavy bumper and winch, extra battery and heavy cable, compressor, and lights. Some people are more concerned w ride height and go w 650 or 700 lb springs, but I'm happy where mine sits.

The biggest surprise for me was nitrogen pressure. I built my own rig for doing this and was finding out that the pressures weren't up to the levels they need to be.
Kings are designed to be @150 psi. Once I got this dialed in I was even more impressed with how much abuse these shocks can handle.

One thing I've read from the Tacoma guys is that Kings dont hold up as well as Fox in the salt belt states. Elka being produced in Canada may give them an advantage in this regard.

Fox and their dual speed control may give a better ride in rough slow speed conditions such as wash board and pot hole dirt roads or city streets up north where the snow and ice wreak havoc on pavement and concrete. My Kings arent great in this regard but I deal with it, and you can run softer tires or lower air pressures if you wanted. My E rated Coopers are a lot stiffer than my C rated BFGs.

Overall, my biggest recommendation is go w a reputable dealer and have your shocks tuned properly for how your truck will be built out.

For most people a good Bilstein suspension gives the performance and durability they want on a budget that is tolerable.

1988 DLX 22RE AUTO BLACK-"Granny" - SOLD
2003 SR5 SPORT V8- Build- "Pearl" You Tube 2UZ 120
2012 LIMITED V6 "LE Mae" 5TH GEN BUILD THREAD
4RunnerAquasport is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote