Recent content by beefsix

  1. B

    Intermittent Stalling at Low Speeds/Braking/Deceleration

    I've been super busy and have fixed the stalling issue. I put in a new EVAP/VSV and that did not fix the stalling. Then I put in a new IAC and TPS and that fixed the stalling. I'd reckon that the IAC was the culprit, but I did not test it.
  2. B

    1999 4runner build highschool/college edition

    hell yeah dude as a college student to another college student i like your build! hope mine gets to the same level. had a lot of adventures so far and hope to get more. do you like that little welder you picked up or would you snag something different?
  3. B

    Intermittent Stalling at Low Speeds/Braking/Deceleration

    No, I don't hear any strange transmission sounds. I just tested my VSV and I get an ohm reading of ~40.4 after the unit has been sitting in my house for a few days to get to roughly 68F. I'd say that's quite out of spec! I'll be getting a new one of those and reporting back to ya'll to see...
  4. B

    Intermittent Stalling at Low Speeds/Braking/Deceleration

    ** Fixed by replacing IAC and TPS. Howdy partners, My 1998 4runner 5VZ-FE 3.4L (257k miles) has been cutting out intermittently at low speeds or when decelerating and braking, or when in parking lots and driving r e a l s l o w ... It's getting quite annoying when I'm in the stop-and-go...
  5. B

    soaking your IAC in purple power

    I did all of this cleaning about a year ago when I did the valve cover gaskets, which I also need to re-do.
  6. B

    soaking your IAC in purple power

    hey ya'll, dumbass again i got a "new" iac valve because mine is taking a shit (stall at idle) and managed to get a "new" one from the pic-a-part here in town. it was REALLY dirty, coolant lines were gunked up and had lots of carbon, so i figured for $12 i'd give it a shot and clean the li'l...
  7. B

    This video gives me hope for my frame.

    post a picture of ur frame so we's can all go "you're fine" collectively
  8. B

    The 3rd Gen All Questions Allowed Thread

    No, I'm talking about this comment: For getting the return spring back on, I have found that spring tool in the OTC kit to not work all that great. The technique that I have found that works better is I use a medium size phillips head screwdriver. I hook the one spring end onto the brake shoe...
  9. B

    The 3rd Gen All Questions Allowed Thread

    has our old friend tim the toolman posted a picture of what he means when he talks about using a screwdriver for the rear brake drum return spring? i just had a rear brake drum return spring make me look like a fool for the better part of 2 hours. inshallah i curse the folks at toyota and may...
  10. B

    Help me with my 4 runner

    This is the perfect time to get into the wide, painful world of working on your truck. If your parents/grandparents/extended family have a multimeter and a socket set you can get down to business learning how to rip apart the engine of a 4runner (it's pretty easy until you get to the heads, I'd...
  11. B

    Misfires and Stalls

    This sounds similar to my truck. I get P0300, P0301 and P0304 and stall from time-to-time as well, with a quick restart (fun coming off the highway!). I've done the coil pack test and have driven it since August when it started. I was in Northern Nevada at the time. To me, it seems like you and...
  12. B

    Rear axle f*ckery

    Got it back in. One bolt was a little "lazy" and needed some encouragement from my new friend, 3/4" Brass Drift Punch.
  13. B

    Rear axle f*ckery

    ??? fourfive I'll check those while I wait for my buddy to _pick me up and take me to the shop_ (this is getting tiresome, I need a second car!) :P
  14. B

    Rear axle f*ckery

    Right on ya'll thanks for the ideas. Unfortunately neither the wood drop nor the driveline rotation worked. Still gets hung up at the same spot. I called the shop and they said to bring it on back. Here's hopin :beer:
  15. B

    Rear axle f*ckery

    how i do dat many job and hobbie involve use of helmet, need hand hold ty

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
278,379
Messages
3,554,530
Members
248,081
Latest member
Luceann
Back
Top