Recent content by Jbennett

  1. J

    Just let my wider drive off in my 10 day old 4Runner

    Freakin autocorrect.
  2. J

    Just let my wider drive off in my 10 day old 4Runner

    I really hope she can manage get it back through our electric hate when she gets back, and doesn't scrap a curb, or park so close to someone they ding it. Crap that was a bad decision.
  3. J

    Hitch mounted carriers

    Anybody have one of these? What is the best brand to look at? I just bought a loaded 2015 limited and I have a hobby (woodturning) where I'm always collecting wood I find to make stuff with. I don't really want to load the back of a new 40 something thousand dollars truck up with messy logs and...
  4. J

    Intuitive parking assist.

    It's a Yakima that will hold 4 bikes. It's not difficult per se just inconvenient to install and uninstall every time I want to take bikes somewhere. I have to get it out of the shed and bolt it on then repeat when I get home. That's probably an extra 15 minutes every time I use it. Either that...
  5. J

    Intuitive parking assist.

    My 4 day old limited has this feature. Never had it before. At first I hated it because I have a narrow driveway and a narrow opening on my electric gate but then I got used to it and find it kind of helpful for being alert. Today I went to install my hitch mounted bike rack and guess what? Yep...
  6. J

    Intuitive parking assist.

    My 4 day old limited has this feature. Never had it before. At first I hated it because I have a narrow driveway and a narrow opening on my electric gate but then I got used to it and find it kind of helpful for being alert. Today I went to install my hitch mounted bike rack and guess what? Yep...
  7. J

    MPG accuracy in 2015 Limited 4 wheel drive

    I'm not penny pinching about mileage but it is somewhat important to me just from being a semi good steward of the environment. I wasn't about to buy a Prius but I looked at a gx460. The 2mpg difference was a bigger deal to me than the 10,000 price difference. I almost considered waiting a few...
  8. J

    MPG accuracy in 2015 Limited 4 wheel drive

    Chuck Hutton. I live in midtown so it's much easier to hop on I55 and get down there than to drive all the way out to the other. Plus it's locally owned not a satellite of a national chain. I did reset the computer today and drove about 38,39 miles in the city and the computer read 17.5mpg as I...
  9. J

    MPG for LE 4WD

    I just posted the same question. Got a new limited 4wd yesterday and have maybe 70 miles on it. It's telling me I'm averaging 12.4. All city driving. A little worrisome. I hope that changes.
  10. J

    What's the average age of members

    I'll be 46 again next year.
  11. J

    MPG accuracy in 2015 Limited 4 wheel drive

    Ok picked up my first 4 runner yesterday. Limited 4wd model. Haven't put a ton of miles on it yet. Maybe 70 miles all city driving here in Memphis. Coming from an 07 Outback with a 6cyl. Both were epa rated for 17 city so I was expecting mileage to be a wash. The electronics pretty consistently...
  12. J

    5th Gen T4R Picture Gallery

    Fresh from the dealer. My first 4Runner. 2015 Limited. Any thoughts on engine performance upgrades?
  13. J

    First post and first 4Runner.

    So this happened today. The serious off road guys might chuckle but I need a plush vehicle for work and hauling clients. Fresh off the floor 2015 Limited. Now what can I do as far as performance upgrades? And no. It's not really upside down. What's up with that?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
278,379
Messages
3,554,557
Members
248,082
Latest member
tuṣṭāva
Back
Top