Recent content by lightway

  1. L

    Pics of my Comms Setup

    Looks like this is kinda turning into a more generalized Amateur Radio/antenna thread so I will ask here. I am installing a V71 and I have an older - I think Diamond - antennae that does not require a ground. I used it on another vehicle and it was fantastic - up in the air on a roof rack. So...
  2. L

    Duratracs vs ko2

    It looks interesting but would love feedback if you or anyone else gets them. I was going to change tires immediately after getting the 4runner as that is what I have always done in the past, but thought I would just wait until November. I am still deciding on which tire to get. Had almost...
  3. L

    Consolidated Slider Info Thread

    I was wondering the same thing.
  4. L

    2017 TRDPro - Android Auto - what is latest/best aftermarket tech for a head unit?

    The Pioneers? I am shopping for android auto only heads but want the latest (working) tech.
  5. L

    shackle hitch receiver doesn't fit

    https://www.amazon.com/Shackle-Receiver-RETECK-Capacity-Isolator/dp/B01N31G7VC/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1493787688&sr=8-7&keywords=shackle+receiver+hitch I was going to return it but just didn't want to go to the hassle. So I ground all 4 corners a bit and it fit fine. But now I'm gonna have to...
  6. L

    shackle hitch receiver doesn't fit

    Thanks for the reply. It is a 2017 and I would have thought they could get it right by now. Maybe it is the shackle hitch manufacturer who doesn't have it right. Judging by what I see I don't think filing inside nor removing the paint on the SH itself will be enough. I will try sending it back...
  7. L

    Audio Upgrade?

    Thank you for this post.
  8. L

    shackle hitch receiver doesn't fit

    shackle hitch receiver doesn't fit, 2017 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Tried to install this shackle hitch receiver - it will not fit. I am not sure if I took off all the paint that it would fit then - way too tight. Tried grease and then driving it in - nope. Has...
  9. L

    Duratracs vs ko2

    I have had several different tires including the BFG - most recent Nitto Exo. IMO you simply won't find one that does as good on snow (except for dedicated winter tires) as the Duratrac. That said, I am considering KO2s right now due to possible smoother ride and possible less noise. The...
  10. L

    What did you do to/in your 5th Gen today?!

    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N31G7VC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Tried to install this shackle hitch receiver - it will not fit. I am not sure if I took off all the paint that it would fit then - way too tight. Tried grease and then driving it in - nope. So I guess I...
  11. L

    4runner TRD Pro

    This sounds reasonable. One of my problems is I came from driving an extremely stiff suspension so it will take a week or so to get used to this one. It doesn't ride bad to me at all, but I would prefer just a bit more stiffness in the suspension.
  12. L

    4runner TRD Pro

    Do you think the difference is such that a stop from 60 to zero would be several feet quicker with the TRD pads?
  13. L

    4runner TRD Pro

    Hope not. Don't know. I do know that one of the first things I did was test out the braking from speed. I was shocked at just how much nose dive there was. I think the fellow who said it depends on what you are used to was spot on. I had too high an expectation of the fine tuned TRD PRO heavy...
  14. L

    4runner TRD Pro

    Picked up my cement TRDPro today! Got in too late to do a pic. One thing that was surprising is that I figured the suspension would be a bit stiffer. I notice it bobs when I put on the brakes and has body roll and I had hoped it would have been stiffer. Difficult to tell the shocks and springs...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
278,386
Messages
3,554,599
Members
248,079
Latest member
johnnya
Back
Top