Recent content by tenro1

  1. T

    Retaining Nut for Power Antenna Mast - 2001 T4R

    Hi everyone - Just a quick question: I am going to be replacing my antenna mast on my 2001 T4R when it arrives from Amazon - and I need to know where is the retaining nut/screw that holds the mast in place? Sorry, but, just not sure what I am looking for here, or where its located. Any help...
  2. T

    Official Millennium Silver Photo Thread

    Here are a couple of shots of my 01 Runner:
  3. T

    The REAL Gas Cap Question

    understood - you weren't actually 100 sure.....but, I think you are right...read a couple of other threads today, and I am thinking now that the problem may be that I am over-tightening the cap. The Stant cap is a one-click design. I've been doing 5-7 clicks....since I loosened it up...
  4. T

    The REAL Gas Cap Question

    Really need some clarity on this for my 2001 2wd v6 T4R: Should the gas cap for my vehicle be of the vacuum design, or the vented design? I see the one I bought at Advance (not autozone) was the Stant/vacuum only design, and the one they sell at Autozone is the CST cap, which is of the vented...
  5. T

    A Gas Cap Question

    O2 downstream sensor was replaced in January...still getting the code. So...why would one parts store sell a vacuum only cap, and the other sell a vented cap, no vacuum design according to the specs? This is a bit confusing...anyone else running the Stant vacuum only design (part #10834) on...
  6. T

    A Gas Cap Question

    So, I guess my question at the moment is: Should the gas cap be of the vacuum design, or the vented design? I see the one I bought at Advance (not autozone) was the Stant/vacuum only design, and the one they sell at Autozone is the CST cap, which is of the vented design, not vacuum. Which...
  7. T

    A Gas Cap Question

    Thanks.... I am not getting the codes for the evap system...my code is P0420, catalytic converter below threshold error. And, as far as the cap goes, I went out just now and took off the gas cap, (no woosh), and then put it back on with exactly 3 clicks...then turned it off again...this time...
  8. T

    A Gas Cap Question

    Back when I first bought my T4R (2001 - 2wd 6 cyl) I got the P0420 code, and found the gas cap was not tightening properly. I replaced it with a gas cap from Autozone. The one they had listed in the computer did not fit at all, the guy behind the counter said they had to go up a year to the...
  9. T

    hard shift on downshift ...HELP!!!

    Update: Took the truck to my service guy this morning, he test drove it and was able to replicate the problem. Definetly the transmission...he said we could try a trans flush, it might work, it might not...otherwise, replace the transmission. Being that this is a 2001 with 240k on the...
  10. T

    hard shift on downshift ...HELP!!!

    yep - pretty much figured this would be the case. Thanks
  11. T

    hard shift on downshift ...HELP!!!

    Bumping again....nobody has any idea on this? I will update one thing: The dimmed D indicator on the dash was dimmed because I had the lights on. Other than that - the issue occurred on the way home, multiple times, but this time during acceleration (slow -moderate accel) with no foot on...
  12. T

    hard shift on downshift ...HELP!!!

    nobody? anybody?
  13. T

    hard shift on downshift ...HELP!!!

    Bump...hoping someone can comment on this this morning.....seriously dreading making the run home (30 miles) in stop and go this afternoon with this issue....Anyone?
  14. T

    hard shift on downshift ...HELP!!!

    I was on my way to work this morning, in usual stop and go traffic in Atlanta...doing 5-10 mph. All of a sudden, I experienced a very hard downshift from either 3rd to 2nd or 2nd to 1st...not sure which...strong enough to feel like I hit a pothole. Truck is a 2001 t4r 2wd automatic v6. I...
  15. T

    Will this Cat Converter work on a 2001 T4R in Ga?

    Ok then...that clarifies it for me pretty good....thanks TheDurk!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
278,379
Messages
3,554,565
Members
248,082
Latest member
tuṣṭāva
Back
Top