4th Gen 4R - rear diff question

supercliff

New member
Does the 4th gen 4r SR5 come with a limited slip in the rear? I wanted to change my gear oil since I tow often and my buddy said I should be careful to use synthetic if I have a limited slip. I checked the window sticker that came with the car and I didn't see anything about a limited slip in the rear. (it does have a locking center diff).

Is it ok for me to use the synthetic gear oil for the front/center/rear diffs?
 
Register to hide this ad
Not sure about what oil you need, but your 4runner does NOT have limited-slip in your rear axle. Both front and rear are open. Your ATRAC (4-wheel traction control) modulates power front and rear to act like "virtual" LSD's.
 

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
278,379
Messages
3,554,563
Members
248,082
Latest member
tuṣṭāva

Trending content

Back
Top