Alternator tensioner

Snook0013

New member
My belts have been squeaking since I purchased my 1999 4runner last week. Finally had time to change them today but when I got to the alternator there is no bolt on the bottom of the alternator to tighten the tension on the belt. I had a 01 Tacoma V6 and have changed the belts on it multiple times so I think I know what I am looking for. It looks like the previous owner removed the bolt for whatever reason, and just used a nut and bolt to tighten it down and hold it in place. The belt is pretty loose, and was wondering if anyone knew where I could get the tensioning assembly for the alternator. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
The tension bolt is on the side of the bracket. I think it is 12mm.

The ALT belt, when new, should have about 3/8"" of deflection.

If you still need the part number, I'll find it for ya and post back tomorrow.
 
My belts have been squeaking since I purchased my 1999 4runner last week. Finally had time to change them today but when I got to the alternator there is no bolt on the bottom of the alternator to tighten the tension on the belt. I had a 01 Tacoma V6 and have changed the belts on it multiple times so I think I know what I am looking for. It looks like the previous owner removed the bolt for whatever reason, and just used a nut and bolt to tighten it down and hold it in place. The belt is pretty loose, and was wondering if anyone knew where I could get the tensioning assembly for the alternator. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

IF YOU BROKE YOUR ALTERNATOR TENSIONER BOLTS IN ANY WAY, HERE ARE THE TOYOTA PART NUMBERS:

90119-08493 = Long tensioner Bolt

16385-62020 = Short Stud that goes through the alternator, with threaded hole for long bolt
 

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
278,386
Messages
3,554,599
Members
248,079
Latest member
johnnya

Trending content

Back
Top