Bad Upper Ball Joint or.......

xcmountain80

New member
https://vimeo.com/129060454

I noticed my PS wheel move more than normal when I grabbed a hold of it last night. I didn't have time to jack it up and check it out, so I will do that tonight. I'm running Light Racing / SPC upper control arms and the date on the invoice is 5/17/12. I'm not sure when or how often these fail, but I do drive a great deal of the time.

Aaron
 
Register to hide this ad
I am not an expert mechanic by any means, but I cannot move my SPC UBJ like that... Or at all.

I'd say you've found your issue.
 
I just thank God that it held. I removed the old UBJ, and other than being super sloppy it felt fine. Had a few gritty spots but loose and smooth. Io de installed I had no more play or popping, and handling seemed normal if not a bit sensitive. had (2) UBJ shipped overnight with the intent of replacing both at the same time. (1) had 2 holes in its dust boot and will have to be returned.
5f3b33a65689af924e9870e565a67962.jpg
a7c10f7b675dc05ab3cae0096ba74a0f.jpg
 

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
278,382
Messages
3,554,568
Members
248,076
Latest member
DionicioLives

Trending content

Back
Top