CALI RAISED Catalytic Converter Shields

Rick G.

Member
Last week, I pulled the trigger on ordering a set of these anti-theft cat con shields for my 2022 4RUNNER SR5 Premium 4WD.

Be advised, it is being said that these are not a fit for 2WD models. Why, I don't know.

I'll report back to my thread here after the parts arrive and I get them installed.

Has anyone else here already installed this brand? How did it go?

Product link:

Catalytic Converter Shield Fits 2014-2024 Toyota 4Runner
– Cali Raised LED
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
I installed them on mine. It did not take to long to install but the security bolts are about a 1/4 inch to short to make their installation easy. They work but are a pain in the butt to get started.
 
I support Cali Raised, so if you buy some use "TRDHULK5" for 5% off

But with that being said I have the RCI cat guards that attach to the RCI skids, and the whole set up is pretty cool.


Iw0ymPR.jpg


hZnauRo.jpg
 
I installed them on mine. It did not take to long to install but the security bolts are about a 1/4 inch to short to make their installation easy. They work but are a pain in the butt to get started.

Thanks for your input dweb. I phoned Cali Raised on Wednesday to inquire about those security bolts being too short, and a gentleman there told me that they have by now lengthened the security bolts provided to enable easier installation. Glad you got yours to work.

....looking forward to receiving my shields. I will report back once installed. The gentleman at Cali Raised did tell me that it may take 3 to 4 weeks to receive the kit after your order comes in.

....being patient here and hoping I don't get my cats robbed. :fear:

Rick G.
 
Last edited:
Has anybody been on the lots recently and seen the new 4Rs coming with cat shields? When my dealer got the first shipment of underground colored 4Rs (they got 3 in one day) i stopped to look at the color up close and read thru the window sticker and 2 out of those 3 had catalytic converter shields. I crawled under one and looked and shure'nuff they got a dang skid plate running down between the frame rails. There are a couple of bolts that come out from the back, and the skid plate then swings down and forward similar to the front skid plates. I was surprised to see them.
 
Has anybody been on the lots recently and seen the new 4Rs coming with cat shields? When my dealer got the first shipment of underground colored 4Rs (they got 3 in one day) i stopped to look at the color up close and read thru the window sticker and 2 out of those 3 had catalytic converter shields. I crawled under one and looked and shure'nuff they got a dang skid plate running down between the frame rails. There are a couple of bolts that come out from the back, and the skid plate then swings down and forward similar to the front skid plates. I was surprised to see them.

Interesting. I wonder if that's a dealer installed option, or a port installed option.
 
Interesting. I wonder if that's a dealer installed option, or a port installed option.

Its going to either be port installed, or manufacturer installed. The bolts tighten in from the top side, almost like the shields were mounted onto the frame before the trans and engine are dropped in.
Its on the window sticker in the normal list of stuff, so its not a dealer add-on which is on a secondary sticker beside the window sticker.
 
I just installed a set of these as well, which I purchased HERE. Ironically, doing this was not even on my radar until the dealership where I bought my 4Runner had me sign a waiver upon purchase, basically acknowledging that I am aware that they do not stamp the catalytic converters with any identifiable info that would make it easier to recover, etc... The 4Runners and any vehicle with high ground clearance are easy targets after all. So I started researching catalytic converter thefts, and decided that the cost of protection outweighed the potential cost of an insurance claim. Installation was exactly as described in Cali-Raised Offroad's video, but I did have some trouble with 1 security bolt (as one OP on a thread in this forum has expressed). Every bolt that I tried in one of the driver-side arms kept threading in crooked, and I stripped at least one of them. I ended up having to go buy 1 generic bolt to finalize the job.

Overall, happy with the investment, knowing that these are at least protected from theft. Check out a short video I made about it HERE.

Also, seen below:
 
Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
278,384
Messages
3,554,586
Members
248,078
Latest member
Talyn

Trending content

Back
Top