Driver Airbag System Check?

fdmsiv

New member
I have a 97 Limited 4x4. Buyer beware story, bought it about a year ago knowing it was a salvage title but great condition and no dash lights. I recently under took the steering clunk with rolled pin mod. The airbag cover was slightly askew so I pulled the cover to see if I could get it to line up properly. Low and behold when I pulled the cover there was no airbag. The airbag light on the dash comes on during start up but goes off after a couple seconds like it should.

Would the airbag light stay on if there is no airbag?

I am planning on swapping in a lexus wheel and airbag. What could I look at and or test to make sure the bag will actually deploy?
 
Register to hide this ad

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
278,379
Messages
3,554,561
Members
248,082
Latest member
tuṣṭāva

Trending content

Back
Top