E-torx Size on Front Diff Tube??

danthemanx07

New member
I searched for this one but could not find an answer. I am about to drop in some 4.56 thirds and need to get the proper size e-torx wrench/socket to remove the differential tube.

Anyone know what size those torx heads are?

Thanks!
 
Register to hide this ad
E...... cant remember but I know I asked in a thread about a year ago. I bought it but I'm too lazy to go outside to my shop and look. Ill see if I can find my thread.

Ha found it! E14
 
Last edited:
SWEET! Thanks man. Hopefully I can find one locally. New thirds will be here today. If I can find one, my weekend will be planned for me.
 
SWEET! Thanks man. Hopefully I can find one locally. New thirds will be here today. If I can find one, my weekend will be planned for me.

I bought it at one of the parts stores around here. It was behind their counter and not on the shelf. I think it was Oreilly or Advance
 
Dont buy the harbor freight ones... I made the mistake and hoped the set would last long enough to do 4 bolts... FAIL
 
Thanks for all the suggestions fellas. Was able to pick one up at Advance as suggested by CJ for less than $5. Glad to have one on hand.
 
Thanks for all the suggestions fellas. Was able to pick one up at Advance as suggested by CJ for less than $5. Glad to have one on hand.

As mentioned heat is a good idea. They do have lock tite on them or atleast I believe I remember seeing blue and red on the bolts. I only had one bolt to stick and couldn't get off without having a nut welded on which created enough heat to break it free. I didn't heat any of the bolts until I got stuck on the last one. Probably would of had a better day if I did.
 
Last edited:
Yeah. They do have loctite, at least the last one I took apart did. The loctite wasn't my problem though. They bolt heads were seized by corrosion to the housing. I had to grind off the bolt heads, but the rest came out easy peezy.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
278,380
Messages
3,554,555
Members
248,082
Latest member
tuṣṭāva

Trending content

Back
Top