Not that different than any other day, always cold here in the mornings.
how's the oil level?
Not sure but that may be that "cracked manifold" sound other members have discussed. Search for that.
Yea. I didn't hear anything out of the ordinary.. Maybe lifters or some valve clatter.
I know, its not like out of the ordinary engine sound, am just very meticulous about my new(for me) truck. It reminded me of a Nissan Pathfinder my dad used to have, engine noise was horrible, like you could hear the pistons clacking or something.
Its very, super minimal on my 4runner, but I can still hear it when I accelerate on drive. Wonder if other V6's have it to?
It may just be you. As long as your levels are good, jut visually inspect everything check for leaks. Check belts. I admit the V6 is a little more noisier then most, but the roar it makes under WOT makes up for it![]()
Your probably right, its not like it's the worst sound or the loudest.
Sorry for my ignorance, but what WOT stand for?
Edit: Nvm, did some googling, and result was Wide Open Throttle! right?!!
Sorry for my ignorance, but what WOT stand for?
Edit: Nvm, did some googling, and result was Wide Open Throttle! right?!!
Now if you remove the HCF, then you will really give the motor some air to work with. Im sorry but ill argue with anyone when you actually see and feel the HCF, there is no way your overall performance doesnt increase from removing it. Try and breathe thru a straw or coffee filter next time you go running and you'll know how these motors feel![]()
Sounds identical to mine. I baby the hell out of my truck. You have nothing to worry about, that "ticking" is perfectly normal.
Again, whats the HCF? whats does it do? And where is it located?!!
Edit: Is that the other filter located in front of my K&N?? Closer to the throttle?
Btw, thanks to all for your help!:thumb3: