• If you plan to post to Classified forums, you must follow these rules, or your post will be deleted.

    1. Thread title must include at a minimum: FS or FT, Item(1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th gen), Price and Location. For Example: FS: 4th GEN Carpet Floor Mats - Tan, $50 Denver, CO.
    2. All Threads must contain the following information
      • What is for sale/trade (model, specs, etc.)
      • Condition
      • Price/What you want to trade for
      • Location of item
      • At least one picture of the item for sale or for trade
    3. No "Feeler" Threads - Its either for sale or it isn't.
    4. Moderators lock Classified Threads that have not had any activity in 90 days or when the part is announced SOLD.
    5. Threads not complying with the rules will be deleted without notice.

Foxwing-style awning for $180+ship?

Hey guys, unfortunately it looks like accountability doesn't seem to be a thing anymore with people nowadays and the quote I got from the manufacturers and importers is completely worthless since we won't hit our numbers. I'm going to ask for a new quote and see if the numbers could somehow be similar. I'll reach out to the wait listers to get their official buy in before I get the figure. As a heads up I'll be out of town this week so my response times may be a bit limited, but I'll still be working on it.

I count about 40 people from the original list as paid and another 10-15 people on the waiting list, that won't get us close to the original quote?
 
I count about 40 people from the original list as paid and another 10-15 people on the waiting list, that won't get us close to the original quote?

Given how group buys usually go, you should always expect more than half to not go through with it. Maybe a quote for 40 units instead of 60 units may have been a better idea but I'm staying hopeful that this still goes through. It seems like the wait-listers are more than eager to get on the list and willing to pay so I don't think we'll be too far off from 60. Hopefully [MENTION=103627]svana[/MENTION] can pull some strings and wave his wand and gets it done!
 
Unfortunately if the price is going up...AGAIN...I will be needing a refund Svana.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
If more people are needed to make this deal happen, I know I can get quite a few by sharing on some toyota overlanding groups.
 
Looks like there is still 18 on the original list that have yet to pay. I'm sure running a group buy is a real pia, and dealing with the importers can be frustrating also.

Hopefully this can be eventually worked out.
 
I don't seem to understand. ... if we don't have the base number, why is there a waiting list?


My thoughts exactly... Should of set the base number of units to 40 so we get a price locked in for that many units then go from there. Again, I'm hoping that we get enough people interested for this to happened. If price goes up again, I may have to back out as well but we will see what happens.
 
Waiting list folks are going to get reached out to to try and fill as many of the missing slots as possible. I just haven't had access to a computer all weekend and reaching out to 15 folks via tapatalk is a little difficult. Hoping to reach out to them shortly.
 
Waiting list folks are going to get reached out to to try and fill as many of the missing slots as possible. I just haven't had access to a computer all weekend and reaching out to 15 folks via tapatalk is a little difficult. Hoping to reach out to them shortly.

Sounds good. Thanks again for all the work you're doing putting this together, very much appreciated.
 
Ok, I've reached out to all of the waitlisters and given them instructions on reserving their spots. The list won't fill out the entire order, but it'll at least get us closer.

Unfortunately if the price is going up...AGAIN...I will be needing a refund Svana.

The figures provided initially were indicated as an estimate and you are in no different of a boat than the rest of us. If the concern of a potential price change gives you pause, happy to refund your order now.

If more people are needed to make this deal happen, I know I can get quite a few by sharing on some toyota overlanding groups.

Sure if you've got some other groups that might be interested, it'll definitely help get us closer to the numbers. Just let me know - we're on a short timeline though, I definitely don't want to drag this out. We've got approximately 3 awnings and 1 mosquito net spots open IF all of the wait-listers actually commit.

I already said I was out a few days ago. #35. Thanks.

Confirmed, your name is still on the list just as a placeholder until we get the next person in or we change the final order.
 
[MENTION=103627]svana[/MENTION] just stating an IF/THEN statement. If price goes up, then refund. Otherwise, I'm still in.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Ok, I've reached out to all of the waitlisters and given them instructions on reserving their spots. The list won't fill out the entire order, but it'll at least get us closer.

I got your PM, but not completely clear on the instructions. Are we paying now? What exactly do you mean when you mentioned there aren't wall/netting spots and that being a moot point?

If the prices don't change (within reason), if this is still way up in the air, I'd like some more info before I'm sending money.
 
We technically don't have any wall spots left that are unclaimed, but the order numbers are likely changing regardless (meaning I'll have to request a new quote from the manufacturer) so I can add additional walls to the order when I do so. If we get to the same general number of ordered as what was originally targeted, the prices will stay the same. Looks like we'll be close to hitting the target if all of the waitlist people commit.
 
Hey guys, just responded to everyone's PM's and wanted to pass the info here too. Ill be back in town on Monday and will sift through all of my emails and update the confirmation list then. That will also be the day that I will be requesting the updated estimate from the manufacturer and shipped based on the final number of products paid for. IF YOU HAVE NOT PAID FOR YOUR ORDER BY 9am ON MONDAY YOU WILL NOT BE ON THE ESTIMATE. I'm tired of the back and forth and it's not fair to the folks that paid on time.

To the folks that paid on time: I'm sorry for dragging this out - I'm working on every angle to salvage the deal. Once I get the updated estimates we will proceed with one of two outcomes: If the pricing is unaffected, we will move forward with the order. If the pricing will change beyond the quoted amount, I will begin to refund folks' money as we can't go through this whole back and forth again of ppl dropping out due to a price change. I REALLY hope it doesn't come to that but I've always strived to be upfront with you guys. I'll let you know either way of course.
 
Hey guys, just responded to everyone's PM's and wanted to pass the info here too. Ill be back in town on Monday and will sift through all of my emails and update the confirmation list then. That will also be the day that I will be requesting the updated estimate from the manufacturer and shipped based on the final number of products paid for. IF YOU HAVE NOT PAID FOR YOUR ORDER BY 9am ON MONDAY YOU WILL NOT BE ON THE ESTIMATE. I'm tired of the back and forth and it's not fair to the folks that paid on time.

To the folks that paid on time: I'm sorry for dragging this out - I'm working on every angle to salvage the deal. Once I get the updated estimates we will proceed with one of two outcomes: If the pricing is unaffected, we will move forward with the order. If the pricing will change beyond the quoted amount, I will begin to refund folks' money as we can't go through this whole back and forth again of ppl dropping out due to a price change. I REALLY hope it doesn't come to that but I've always strived to be upfront with you guys. I'll let you know either way of course.
Even if the price goes up to $300 I am still in, still way cheaper than paying full price so I am not going to kick and scream.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
 

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
278,316
Messages
3,554,113
Members
248,016
Latest member
Advally Service

Trending content

Back
Top