how likely do i have a head gasket failure/cracked head?

tootsie

New member
1997 4runner with 200k miles was sitting for a couple weeks while I was away, and when I ran it again upon coming back, sweet white smoke started billowing from the tail pipe. before i went away on my trip, i've been driving the car everyday with no problems, although I did suspect something cause the exhaust smelled sweet only when i started it in the morning, but the smell would go away after driving it for a bit. I did a block test that also came out negative. theres no overheating and no engine codes, although I did have a misfire code on cylinder 3 which went away after replacing spark plugs a few months ago (the spark plug in cyl 3 was seized, and we rethreaded the sparkplug hole).

my question is could this be anything else except a blown head gasket/cracked head?
 
Register to hide this ad

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
278,378
Messages
3,554,525
Members
248,080
Latest member
fhgy0045

Trending content

Back
Top