I'm Back!

limited04

New member
Not that anyone missed me, but long story short....


Back in '99-bought a brand new 2000 4runner SR5 sport, had the dealer install the TRD Supercharger, TRD Headers, leather, TRD Exhaust all before I drove it off the lot. Put 60k on it in 4 years, drove it everywhere and BAM....get hit head on doing 40-as was the other driver. Well I walked away, the 3 people in the car needed a ride in the ambulance. Could not find a suitable replacement since my 4runner was mint (WAS), so I bought an 04 Limited V8 and installed the 4.7l TRD Supercharger on it (actually still have this v8 supercharger in my garage & will be selling it soon). Ran awesome, but ended up trading that in on a Trailblazer SS, and eventually a BMW X5M.
So, this past weekend, my wife was looking at a replacement for her high mileage BMW 330xi, and she test drove a used 2000 4runner, which was ok, but it had 300k miles! and it was a little beat up and no power.... so being the car nut I am, and the fact that she loved driving the 4runner again, I went out and found this- a 2000 4runner sport with 90k on the clock, with leather, but no diff lock like mine had-but since it is planned on being her daily, that wasn't a deal breaker. Car had every service done-52 of them oil changes every 4-5k miles at the Toyota dealer, trans service, timing belt etc, so she came home with us!
Let me know what you guys & girls think. 1 question-would adding the supercharger at this point still be safe?
 

Attachments

  • resized 2k4runner.jpg
    resized 2k4runner.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 275
Register to hide this ad
I'm at 201k . How rough was it for your 4Runner at first?

The PO had done a K&N cold air intake, so I already had the wooshing sound and increased airflow. I literally bolted it all in, also did valve cover gaskets, and a coolant change while I was in there; and have had no problems whatsoever.

I got mine off a salvaged 2001 with unknown mileage on the SC. I cracked open the nose and changed the fluid and spacer as well.

Cleaned up nicely and haven't had any issues. And it's got the fancy TRD on it for a few extra HP
 
Welcome Back! I think everyone here dreams of putting a Supercharger on, no matter what mileage they have. It's just one of those things.....
 

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
278,377
Messages
3,554,524
Members
248,080
Latest member
fhgy0045
Back
Top