knock senser

coyotecorky

New member
i have a problem. my 1987 4runner is acting up. the check engine light is on, and gives me code 12: knock senser. is that truly the problem, and where do i get one? it is also missfire/back fire and idles irradicaly. what do i do?? can a toyota 4runner guru help me out? i love my truck, and want her to feel great! thanks alot!
 
Register to hide this ad
The knock sensor giving you a check engine light means that you have rod knock. If you have those other issues, you might have a rod that's just about shot.<br><br>I had a 22R and a rod popped off the ring and was just hanging out there for about 200 miles, until the rebuild. I wondered why it had no power, which is why I brought it to a mechanic, but otherwise it was still going. That's why they call the 22R bombproof!
 

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
278,379
Messages
3,554,557
Members
248,082
Latest member
tuṣṭāva

Trending content

Back
Top