Lift help (This can't be right!)

I've read that with 3" + in the front that you can really strain your cv joints.

Yeah... it starts putting the half-shafts at a steep angle, but considering that the front end is so low from the factory, it's not as bad as you'd think. An easy was to alleviate that concern is to use a "diff drop" kit... like this Front Differential Drop Kit - Toytec Lifts: Toyota Lift Kits: FJ Cruiser Lift Kits, Tacoma Lift Kits, Tundra Lift Kits, 4 Runner Lift Kits, Sequoia Lift Kits, Toyota Truck Lift Kits

I think that 3"-3.5" is also about the limit before running into alignment issues. Aftermarket upper control arms will correct that though if it does become a problem.

~Doozi
 
Hmpf - decisions, decisions. Alright, thanks for the info. Now we just gotta figure out what he really wants.

EDIT: If I did talk him into 265s (265/75R16, ~31.8" diameter, with ~8.6" tread width) what would we need besides a 2.5/1.5? I'm trying to read up on this, but I keep seeing lots of reference to rubbing (even with spidertrax). Can you not fit 265s on a 2.5/1.5 lift without new wheels, and still not rub? (He'd be bummed if they rubbed, and he's not up for cutting/trimming)

This is pretty much the setup I have. I had minimal rubbing. With a Dremel and about 10 minutes, that problem was solved. You can't even tell I trimmed it.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
278,385
Messages
3,554,596
Members
248,079
Latest member
johnnya

Trending content

Back
Top