Light suggestions

TMAC110

Member
Alright guys, so I am looking for some auxillary lights mostly for off road use but also for rare night driving on back roads and what not. I've narrowed it down to:

KC Daylighter 130w Driving Beams
IPF 968's with 100w bulbs
or an Apocalyptic Lighting LED Bar

I'm not sure what size LED bar I will need or if it will even fit on my application so that one is pretty iffy even though that is the one that I would rather get. So if that doesn't work out do you guys have any suggestions on which lights I should go with or any other ones that I should look into? I'm trying not to spend over $200.
 
Register to hide this ad
I did this for about $270
u8ybesyv.jpg


Hunter bull bar and eBay 20 inch combo...bar was like $130...took about 2 hrs total
 
Best bang for your buck I've ever found are these guys right here:

Amazon.com: TaoTronics® Brand DC 12V 24V 27W LED Flood Work LAMP Off Road Floodlight 4x4 -Jeep Cabin/Boat/SUV/Truck/Car/ATVs Fishing Deck Driving Light 2150 Lumen 10V-30V Waterproof: Automotive

Super bright, waterproof, i've smashed the heck out of them and they keep on ticking. And at 2150 lumens apiece they are no joke when you get a group of them on at once. They are a pretty good size too. For size reference, here are some on the front of my 40.

1238008_10152188211717786_75208296_n.jpg
 
LED Light Bars have come way down in price. Here's a quick search I did on Amazon...

Off Road Light Bars

I have a double row on my 4Runner, and it's like daylight at night when they are on. Well worth the cost!

DSC_0009.JPG


DSC_0009.JPG


:dance:
 

I purchased these on Amazon around Christmas.
Amazon.com: OC Gizmo LED Work Light Lamp Off Road High Power ATV Jeep 4x4 Tractor 27W Round 30 Degree Round Spot Light: Home Improvement
Very bright. Can't speak to the longevity, but they have great reviews. Similar to yours, and same price.

EDIT: they look exactly the same...probably are.
 
500's

I have the Hella 500's on mine they look pretty sweet, and give tons of light off. And aren't so expensive

heres a pic
 

Attachments

  • DSC_1619.jpg
    DSC_1619.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 537
  • DSC_1637.jpg
    DSC_1637.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 510
The LEDs are the best way to go. If you are just looking for some nice light for that once in awhile night run. I use a 13" bar and a set of pods. The pods alone do a great job and cost only like $80. I don't even use the head lights off road at night Do a Craigslist search for LED light bars you will be amazed how many show up. Here's a pic of mine.
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 509
Well, I did quite a bit more research into the LED bars and stuff and I found one that I really liked for not much more than I would have spent on a set of Daylighters or anything else! It is from Olympus Offroad, which is a local place in Denver. They didn't have many reviews that I could find, but the ones that I did find were all very good! It is a 17" single row of their Pro Series that seems to be just as good as Rigid's but only cost about $200!

Heres a link to the one that I bought:
100W Pro 17" Single Row
 
Man I got a lot to learn

I just got here and thought the halogens on the front bar looked good. LED technology looks sweet
 

Attachments

  • breezy.jpg
    breezy.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 448
The LEDs are the best way to go. If you are just looking for some nice light for that once in awhile night run. I use a 13" bar and a set of pods. The pods alone do a great job and cost only like $80. I don't even use the head lights off road at night Do a Craigslist search for LED light bars you will be amazed how many show up. Here's a pic of mine.

I have KC Daylighters on mine but will be switching to LED pods soon.
 

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
278,383
Messages
3,554,578
Members
248,076
Latest member
DionicioLives

Trending content

Back
Top