I have a full size memory foam mattress setup that I cut to allow for wheel wells. I have a 1 inch thick closed cell foam pad (used for climbing/bouldering) that is wrapped in canvas that rests on top to keep my dogs and day to day life from wrecking the bed. I built a shelf that sits in the grooves where the pull out trunk cover sits ( both big square mounts behind seat and groove near rear hatch). It allows me to pack climbing gear on shelf, camping gear under it. When we sleep the climbing gear moves to floors of front seat, coolers action packers with camping gear etc on driver and passenger seat. Myself and a heeler mix sleep on bed. Aussie Shepard sleeps on the shelf. D rings bolted into the roof of the vehicle over the shelf allows me to store jacket, beanie, headlamp, and miscellaneous items you want. In the morning I can sit up kick the aussie off the shelf onto the bed with me and other mongrel, then pull down from the net my ultralight stove, tea pot, skillet and make coffee and breakfast by reaching the cooler and other gear now in the front seats...
I've even on long trips downloaded movies onto my tablet and using the folding case on the tablet suspended it from the net set up and watched movies while falling asleep.