new 4runner for me

7echo

Member
I was looking for an '05 thru '09 but this '99 came along with 99,500 miles, mechanicals were OK and the body looked clean so I made a deal. Here it is in its natural habitat. LOL.
It has the rear locker and 4WD. And it has the usual known issues-front brakes need to be replaced with the Tundra upgrade, the rear axles are leaking, and the clock is broke. The radiator and tranny fluid looks good, I will order a cooler tomorrow.
 

Attachments

  • 99.limited.JPG
    99.limited.JPG
    98.9 KB · Views: 217
Register to hide this ad
check the rear axle breather, it's not that likely that the seals are actually worn out.

Oh, and - nice!
 
"check the rear axle breather, it's not that likely that the seals are actually worn out."

So make sure the breather is working, top off the diff, and see if the leak stops?
 

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
278,379
Messages
3,554,557
Members
248,075
Latest member
tuṣṭāva

Trending content

Back
Top