New member! 2003 V8 limited help!

cjm2022

New member
Hey everyone I'm new here because I'm looking for a 4runner. Tomorrow I have an appointment to go look at a 2003 V8 limited with 115k miles on it. What are some of the things i should look for, or common problems with these vehicles?

I am already assuming that I will need to change the timing belt myself(with the help of a mechanic friend), or pay to have it changed.

It looks like this will cost about $1,000?

also would it be inappropriate for me to repost this in the 2003 specific subforum?
 
Register to hide this ad
Hey everyone I'm new here because I'm looking for a 4runner. Tomorrow I have an appointment to go look at a 2003 V8 limited with 115k miles on it. What are some of the things i should look for, or common problems with these vehicles?

I am already assuming that I will need to change the timing belt myself(with the help of a mechanic friend), or pay to have it changed.

It looks like this will cost about $1,000?

also would it be inappropriate for me to repost this in the 2003 specific subforum?

[MENTION=114864]cjm2022[/MENTION], No, it would NOT be "inappropriate" to repost your question in the 4th gen subforum. In fact, you will get WAY more replies. Now, regarding your questions (DISCLAIMER: I have the V6 but it is a 4th gen): Yes, timing belt (and customary water pump) should have already been addressed. If not, make the seller do it OR, get them to knock some $$ off the asking price. Where are you getting the $1k amount for doing the timing belt yourself? I think you're looking at about $150.00 in parts, TOPS. There is a write up, in the 4th gen subforum on this very topic (DIY timing belt/waterpump replacement). Anyway, jealous of your soon to be V8!
 
Thank you preacher! I got the $1000 as a guess for paying someone to install the water pump and timing belt. I will repost with some edits to the 4th gen forum. thank you again.
 

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
278,384
Messages
3,554,584
Members
248,078
Latest member
Talyn

Trending content

Back
Top