New to me 2000 Limited - Please Help

Ride_4R_Die

Junior Member
Howdy! I purchased a 2000 Limited automatic from a coworker about 6 months ago and have done all of the below so far:
-pulled, disassembled, remanned, and reinstalled engine with all possible components replaced
- new windshield
- interior detail
- all fluids flushed and replaced
- new rims
- all electrical issues resolved/fixed
- new heater core

What’s left:
- brake system overhaul
- suspension
- clean up engine bay
- rear axle seals

I am seeking advice about why the initial heater core replacement didn’t take… I live in Summit County, CO, replaced the busted one with a NAPA replacement part after the OG poured coolant all over the passenger floor board and before I go any deeper I’m really hoping someone might be able to help explain why the new core just failed me again last night while driving back home from the airport.

If I have to spend another 12 hrs pulling the dashboard apart and putting it back together again I just might cry ahahah.

Thanks in advance for any advice! Cheers
 
Register to hide this ad
Howdy! I purchased a 2000 Limited automatic from a coworker about 6 months ago and have done all of the below so far:
-pulled, disassembled, remanned, and reinstalled engine with all possible components replaced
- new windshield
- interior detail
- all fluids flushed and replaced
- new rims
- all electrical issues resolved/fixed
- new heater core

What’s left:
- brake system overhaul
- suspension
- clean up engine bay
- rear axle seals

I am seeking advice about why the initial heater core replacement didn’t take… I live in Summit County, CO, replaced the busted one with a NAPA replacement part after the OG poured coolant all over the passenger floor board and before I go any deeper I’m really hoping someone might be able to help explain why the new core just failed me again last night while driving back home from the airport.

If I have to spend another 12 hrs pulling the dashboard apart and putting it back together again I just might cry ahahah.

Thanks in advance for any advice! Cheers
Not sure what you paid for the NAPA core...but go OEM, buy once cry once!!
 

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
278,375
Messages
3,554,460
Members
248,066
Latest member
harley5
Back
Top