New owner, old Runner.

Buxom

New member
Hey guys, I just picked up a 1993 4Runner in forest green.

Body and frame are in excellent shape given the age.

What's good about it: New alternator, new radiator, good body and frame, original alloys are straight with minimal damage including center caps.

The bad: Water pump, power steering pump, CV boots, tie rod ends, exhaust, tires, shifter assembly, the sunroof and back door don't open.

This is a sweet little project vehicle that I picked up for $500 last week. I'm hoping to sink maybe $1000 or so into it and have it be a solid DD. I came here for advice, parts sources (shifter assembly, don't wanna pay $200 on ebay for one), and friendly banter.

The truck runs, drives and stops, and I can't wait to get into it. It'll be kept stock for now, but eventually I think I'll put some new suspension on it.

b4c4b02b16.jpg


Progress will be slow, I'm working on a budget and in between work and days off, but if you guys want, I'll post updates as I go.
 
Register to hide this ad
Pulled the front end of the engine apart and started on the water pump. Will be finishing tomorrow, along with a few engine seals. Pics will be up when I have all progress documented. That's one greasy ass engine tbh.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
278,383
Messages
3,554,580
Members
248,077
Latest member
D'Angelo

Trending content

Back
Top