Please help with e7019 correct disc problem

hawaiian

New member
Hey guys,
I purchased a used e7019 and I can't seem to get it to do anything. I installed it and all I'm getting is a "Please insert correct map disc" with japanese writings underneath. It obviously didn't come with a map disc and I can't do anything with it. I can't change the input, radio, cd, map, nothing illuminates... I can't even turn it off. Does the navi unit go into a total lock down if it doesn't have the map disc inserted? I remember reading about someone with a same problem months ago but I can't seem to find it again.

The previous owner found the disc and it's on the way so I guess I'll know the answer when it comes but I'm getting a little impatient.

Thanks.
 
Register to hide this ad
Let us know when you get the correct disk, if NOT, then check ebay, OR I may know someone (who happens to be an ebay vender) who deals with Toyota Navigation units.

Keep us informed!

ps: regarding the japanese characters on start-up, my fathers RX300 does the same thing when you disconnect the battery......so this is normal!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
278,323
Messages
3,554,168
Members
248,016
Latest member
Advally Service

Trending content

Back
Top