Rebuild pricing questions

GX4SEVEND

New member
Just wanted to see for those of you that have done an engine rebuild.....what did it cost? It seems most places have a core charge as well. Nothing is really wrong with the engine now, but I can feel that its "tired" and could use some refreshing.

This is the add i've found from a somewhat local place.....

$2000 for the longblack
$850 For Professional Removal and Installation (flat rate)

Rebuilt engines come complete as assembled long blocks, built with OEM or better quality parts, includes-
Cylinder heads 100% rebuilt-
New valves
New cam followers
New stem seals
New camshafts
New head bolts
New brass freeze plugs
Complete head gasket set
Short block 100% rebuilt-
New crankshaft
New crankshaft bearings
New main bearings
New connecting rods
New pistons, rings, wrist pins - Your choice of +.020 or +.040
New brass freeze plugs
All new seals
New oil pump
New timing belt, chain

2 year 24,000 mile warranty without installation
5 year 60,000 mile warranty with installation




What do you guys think?
 
Register to hide this ad
I would just wait for the engine to start acting up before dumping money into a rebuild....just my 2 cents......
 
Mine has 290K on it now! I have been listening to a valve rattle for 2 years now! I found a motor in my local Jyard with 70k on it! I have never had any luck out of rebuild motors! I'm going to the salvage yards! But that IMO!
 
That sounds pretty good to me.. I have been on the search for a new 4runner, and checked out a couple with rebuilt engines... the first cost $2300 (new longblock) said and done, with 6 month warranty. the second, not sure of the price, but no warranty. shoots, a 5 year warranty is nice. but like fightman said, wait till your having problems...
 

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
278,383
Messages
3,554,578
Members
248,077
Latest member
D'Angelo

Trending content

Back
Top