Rust beneath door handle(s)

Just started to tackle this job today, rust is getting really noticeable under all 4 door handles.

I did one rear door today. took a bit of time to figure everything out. This thread has some good info but there's some critical steps not mentioned regarding the door handle removal and lock mechanism. I'll do a thorough how-to with pics when I do the other rear door next, if anyone is interested. Shouldn't take more than 30 minutes total per door with the right tools and following the correct procedure.

Here's what my broken bolt and nut looked like.
IMG_0049_zpsfkwgba7l.jpg~original
 
I know this post is old, but it seems a lot of these parts are discontinued. I’ve tried 3 online Dealerships and the order will go through and a week or 2 later they’ll tell me no eta or discontinued.

I’m hoping that the part numbers are superseded?
 

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
278,385
Messages
3,554,596
Members
248,079
Latest member
johnnya

Trending content

Back
Top