Throttle Actuator Control failed!?

centexcoog

New member
My accelerator pedal is not working, so had it towed to a service shop. They said the only code showing it 2118, which covers a wide range of problems related to the throttle. It's now narrowed down to the failure of the Throttle Actuator Control, which is part of a larger assembly. Bottom line is the assembly is a dealer-only item (according to the tech) and will cost me about $900 just for the part!

Anyone ever experience the failure of this part? I also called a local Toyota dealer--the service writer had never replaced one before, so he couldn't even quote it without some research.

Help!! I want to make sure the tech has properly diagnosed the problem before I sink that much money into a part that has no history of failure.

Thanks!!
 
Register to hide this ad

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
278,381
Messages
3,554,566
Members
248,075
Latest member
tuṣṭāva

Trending content

Back
Top