3rdToyota1st4R
New member
Hey guys and gals,
So, after spending much time on the forum reading and sifting through the posts, I am semi regretting buying 2010 Limited in a 4x2 and now a 4x4. I know, I know...should have listened. Of course, I dont actually need it, but I feel I could have quite a bit more fun on some camping trips if I had it...
I actually got my 4x2 used. The previous owner decided the SUV wasnt big enough for her after 3k miles and returned the vehicle. It worked out in my favor because I got it fully loaded for $37k. The same vehicle at the dealership is now selling for $44k. I feel I received a very good deal, to include the Certified Used extended warranty to 100k miles.
My question is do you think I have any leverage heading back to ask for a 4x4? The truck now has almost exactly 10k miles and is still in the same condition as it was when it left the dealership in April (partly due to me being in Iraq and the truck having a good wax and garaged kept).
If I purchased for $37k that means theyll value the vehicle now for around $33k Im sure (I cant use KBB yet as the 2010 4Runner used it not an option). This is a full $10k under what the new ones on the lot are going for.
Have I sealed the deal or do I have a course of action?
You guys and gals here are great, so if you have any recommendations Im all ears! Thanks and talk to you soon!
Jas
So, after spending much time on the forum reading and sifting through the posts, I am semi regretting buying 2010 Limited in a 4x2 and now a 4x4. I know, I know...should have listened. Of course, I dont actually need it, but I feel I could have quite a bit more fun on some camping trips if I had it...
I actually got my 4x2 used. The previous owner decided the SUV wasnt big enough for her after 3k miles and returned the vehicle. It worked out in my favor because I got it fully loaded for $37k. The same vehicle at the dealership is now selling for $44k. I feel I received a very good deal, to include the Certified Used extended warranty to 100k miles.
My question is do you think I have any leverage heading back to ask for a 4x4? The truck now has almost exactly 10k miles and is still in the same condition as it was when it left the dealership in April (partly due to me being in Iraq and the truck having a good wax and garaged kept).
If I purchased for $37k that means theyll value the vehicle now for around $33k Im sure (I cant use KBB yet as the 2010 4Runner used it not an option). This is a full $10k under what the new ones on the lot are going for.
Have I sealed the deal or do I have a course of action?
You guys and gals here are great, so if you have any recommendations Im all ears! Thanks and talk to you soon!
Jas