View Single Post
Old 07-12-2017, 12:31 PM

TerraCrawler is on a distinguished road

TerraCrawler is on a distinguished road
Shovel Mount

Link to shovel mount:
https://www.frontrunneroutfitters.co...t-bracket.html

Installed the Front Runner shovel mount. I put it in the back since I have the awning on the drivers side and jack on the passenger side. I will be shuffling things a bit however. Final setup will likely have the Krazy Beaver shovel in this spot, and the scoop moved to a stand off mount off the HiLift Jack.

For those that are curious, metal detecting is a huge hobby of mine, and so that is what the scoop is for. That scoop has an extra large diameter on the handle, which is made of carbon fiber. Because of the large diameter handle, the shovel mount strap barely hits the lift gate. I will be installing some 3M clear tape to remedy any pain abrasion. However, once I move the KB shovel to this spot, I am fairly certain its going to clear just fine.

Overall, it's a good mount, nice ratcheting action, and I am glad I can make use of that part of the rack. Eventually a Road Shower will be sitting up there, but more on top of the rack, so the shovel mount should still be working fine.
Attached Images
TerraCrawler's Build Thread-img_3069-jpg  TerraCrawler's Build Thread-img_3070-jpg  TerraCrawler's Build Thread-img_3071-jpg 

Last edited by TerraCrawler; 08-02-2017 at 08:14 PM.
TerraCrawler is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote