4low engagement fixed

My 2004 4Runner has not engaged into 4low for ten years or more. I never used it and noticed it stopped engaging. The 4Runner is used on short distances to work.

This past month i took it to Florida and after being down here it started engaging. I have been engaging it off and on and rode it a few miles on a sandy road.

I guess the heat unsized the actuator to allow it to engage. So glad it it working now.
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
Great to hear it has "come back from the dead". As you know, there is a "use it or loose it" thread to remind everyone to exercise it every month. I'm at 205K miles and it continues to work just fine. Years ago, I hadn't engaged 4x4 in a couple of years and noticed it was very slow to engage.......... not anymore.
 

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
278,380
Messages
3,554,558
Members
248,075
Latest member
tuṣṭāva

Trending content

Back
Top