'91 sunroof problem

Toyotimes2

New member
Hi, I'm a new member looking for some help. I have a '91 4Runner SR5 with 188,000 miles. I went to close the sunroof yesterday, heard a "thunk" and now it won't move. I can still hear the motor working, so I know it's not that. I can manually move the glass back and forth- but in the closed position I need to push up pretty hard to get the seal in the back. Is this a cable driven system and maybe the cable broke? I'm looking at the one piece headliner and thinking that it is going to be a pricey fix from a professional so I would like to tackle it myself:confused: What am I in for?? Any tips or helpful info would be really appreciated. Thanks!
 
Register to hide this ad
Thanks Ohio4R, I'll look into that. Just started to take everything off so I can get the headliner off, so it might be awhile. Thanks again!
 

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
278,379
Messages
3,554,557
Members
248,082
Latest member
tuṣṭāva

Trending content

Back
Top