BTTF Xtra Cab build

404NotFound

New member
Hey guys. I am trying to build a Back to the Future Toyota Pickup and I'm trying to locate the bumpers. I know they were Smittybilt, I reached out to the company and they don't have any left over or schematics. Anyone have any ideas? I imagine it will need to be custom built (which is fine, allows me to use better materials) but does anyone know how I can get blueprints?
 
Register to hide this ad
Hey guys. I am trying to build a Back to the Future Toyota Pickup and I'm trying to locate the bumpers. I know they were Smittybilt, I reached out to the company and they don't have any left over or schematics. Anyone have any ideas? I imagine it will need to be custom built (which is fine, allows me to use better materials) but does anyone know how I can get blueprints?



Maybe you can contact the guys that have one of the original builds.

https://youtu.be/lLycIYup764


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Find someone good with a tube bender and give them lots of pictures. Those bumpers were popular back in the day. A couple of the guys I used to hang with back in the early 90's had them. You might even try contacting some of the Toyota dismantlers out west. I wouldn't be surprised if there were used ones out there. There were plenty of copycats of the original smittybuilt design back then too. I remember my friends with the smittybuilt ones were always losing the end caps.
 

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
278,383
Messages
3,554,578
Members
248,076
Latest member
DionicioLives

Trending content

Back
Top