Dash pot missing cover--how necessary is it?

Opened the hood the other day and noticed that the dash pot on the throttle body of my 1999 3.4 5speed (autos do not have this) didn't have a cover. I'm not sure if it was ever there but it caught my eye. In the Toyota manual there is a diagram with a separator, filter and a cover. Toyota only sells the entire dash pot, so I'll have to find it used. Should I be concerned about not having the cover?
 

Attachments

  • DSCF0969.jpg
    DSCF0969.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 1,470
Register to hide this ad
If all the parts are intact inside the DP, and it passes the test as described in the FSM, then I'd just construct my own cover for it. There might be an existing plastic or rubber cap available at the hardware store for small $$.
Then, since the pick-a-part places near me are lousy, I'd wait until I felt particularly wealthy, and I'd buy a new one for $46.
 
Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
278,387
Messages
3,554,608
Members
248,079
Latest member
johnnya

Trending content

Back
Top