De-gooing after de-badging... ?

jdkilroy

Member
Anyone have a good suggestion for removing that industrial grey adhesive Toyota uses to apply their badges ? (without damaging the paint/finish of course)

Thanks, jon
 
Register to hide this ad
Sorry,

I should have tried before posting; ended up using a heat gun, my fingers and a cotton rag. Clean removal with no solvents at all.

Thanks, jon
 
I think people use Goo Gone or 3M adhesive remover that's labeled safe for painted surfaces.

Be very careful with the 3m adhesive remover. I tried it yesterday on hard black plastic and it bleached it badly. I was soooo pissed and I was soooo stupid.

Hair dryer and soap and water is probably best like what was said.
 
When I did mine, windex and some rubbing took everything off pretty clean. Otherwise, (i know some people are going to disagree with me) but some brake clean on a rag (light rubbing), or acrasol works best. Will need to wax the area when done because it removes everything but the clear coat.
 
I heated the leftover gunk with a hair dryer and then it came off pretty easily with some Goo Gone.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
278,380
Messages
3,554,561
Members
248,075
Latest member
tuṣṭāva

Trending content

Back
Top